Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finally, the Final is Over and My Final Grade is Finally Final. Finally.

I had my 100 question final tonight, and the title of this post should say all you need to know about how many brain cells I have left afterward. I seriously did not study, not one minute. I printed off a study guide that my friend, Abbi e-mailed me last week today at work, and then I caught up on Pioneer Woman's blog. And then I hopped onto Facebook for a while. And then I checked e-mail. And then I checked my other e-mail. And then I checked my other e-mail. Good grief, I have a lot of e-mail accounts. And then I strolled down to the office to check my box, which was still empty. And then I checked to see if anyone had updated their blogs, again. None of you had. Ahem. And then I went to lunch. I came back and even carried my bag with my notes and book and all into the building. Then, I checked my e-mail (all three of them) and hopped on Facebook, and called my sister-in-law to check on Oliver, and I think you see where this is going. I finished out my day by sketching out some options for the kids' birthday cakes and pondering (again) if I should attempt to make and decorate them myself or pay someone to do it for me.

I skimmed over the study guide as I crammed an Arby's roast beef sandwich, curly fries, and a diet coke to wash it all down, down my throat and listened to the professor try to scare the pants off of everyone before class started. She did at one point say that it "was more of a reading test than a research test" meaning many of the answers could be found on other parts of the test. When she said that, I closed my notes. I am a reading teacher after all!

I got pretty confused on all the t's and p's. Luckily, there were no Greek letters on the test, but by the time I was finished I wasn't sure if I had one-tail or two. But I still felt like I had passed it at least. I started out keeping a tally of questions I wasn't sure about to try to estimate a worse case scenario of my grade, but I gave up on that... I ran out of fingers pretty quickly and I thought people might think I was strange if I pulled my shoes off. Besides, I couldn't even really remember how many I could miss and still make an A... or B... or C... so what was the point?

Anyway, the professor was grading our papers as we turned them in and with the students who finished before me she had literally talked to each student about each question they missed as she graded them. I really wasn't interested in that, sooooo, I walked up to her and handed her my paper and quickly crossed my legs and danced a little like a 2nd grader and whispered urgently, "I'm just going to leave this with you and run to the restroom. I'll be right back!" and I took off. I think the legs crossed pee-pee dance, really added a necessary touch of drama.

So, when I came back in the room, she started walking toward me with my paper and I thought, "This can't be good."

But, it was. Somehow, I made an A on the test. I don't even remember how many I missed, but it was an A. That is all that matters. I am telling you now, that it was all God on that test. He must have been guiding my pencil and possibly even going behind me with his golden eraser and erasing my answers and writing the right ones in with His divine hand or maybe He made her eyes see something different than my answers when she looked at my test. I can't explain it. It was a miracle, that is all I can say.

But, regardless of exactly what divine intervention occurred... I have managed to finally finish that horrid class with an A! Hallelujah!!

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

I did skeedaddle (how in the world do you spell that? You know what I mean, right? Just sound it out.) on out of there so that I could not be grilled by my research friends.

I decided it was in the best interest of my precarious A to not don my hooded cape, torch, and pitchfork and head to Tech. So, being the extremely brave, confident, and supportive person I am, I beat it out of there before I could be asked to join the lynch mob!

Good luck, Ladies and Gentlemen... I really hope some good comes of your complaints. I support you in spirit and I agree wholeheartedly, anonymously, with you. Sorry I don't have more guts!

No comments: