First of all, I am almost fully recovered- holding my baby again, scars fading nicely, and back at work. I visited the oncologist today. They are doing additional testing. A genetic test on my DNA and one on the tumor itself. (Did you know they keep those things for 10 years?!
😳). After those results come back they will analyze my risk of recurrence and determine the recommendations for treatment and/or follow-up. In general, my stage 2 cancer does not exhibit any of the characteristics that would cause them to recommend further treatment. They classify it as Stage 2 A or Stage 2 B- mine is A. But since I am young they want to do the further testing- a genetic marker would increase risk of recurrence. They will also compare the genetic make-up of my tumor to other similar tumors that have been studied with and without treatment. The science is really interesting. I go back Jan.31 unless results come back sooner.
I am thankful for such a good report and positive prognosis. I am so thankful for all of the drs and nurses who have cared for me- pcp, GI dr, and especially my awesome surgeon. They have all been exceptionally proactive and compassionate. My oncologist today was just as thorough, kind, and compassionate. Knowing nothing about any drs in this realm of medicine I have trusted each referral and am thankful God has placed excellent care takers in my path. I feel confident as we move forward.
I am trusting and praying that God will make the right path clear and that we will make the best decision for the best possible outcome for me and my future.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 (My FAVORITE verse
❤️ and God’s plan for me has always been best-even when sometimes hard to understand)
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12
No comments:
Post a Comment