Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day- #1

Happy Valentine’s Day! Today was a better or worse, sickness and health type of day. I am so thankful for Matthew and his care for me. It was an interesting and emotional day as the lady beside me had an allergic reaction right after we got started, which caused quite a bit of activity from nurses and doctors. All we could do was pray for her, but watching my husband pray brought me peace and comfort. There was also an elderly man across from me all by himself. He could barely hear, was obviously terrified, and kept getting confused about what they were telling him. I so wanted to just go hold his hand. Matthew offered to bring him some lunch, but it wasn’t allowed. We were also given Valentine’s candy from, I assume from how the nurse were reacting to her, either a current or former patient. She was wiping tears away as she handed out the candy to the patients. This experience teaches a lot about compassion, blessings everywhere on this day of love.
13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13: 1-3, 13



No comments: