Sunday, October 24, 2010
Snaggletooth!
As predicted, the tooth fairy had reason to visit our house last night. Evan lost his very first tooth at breakfast yesterday morning. After carefully trying to avoid biting down with his extremely loose tooth, he had hit it with his top teeth twice. It made a horrible sound which made chills run up my spine and when I looked it was bleeding. He did not want me to pull it, but I knew it had to come out. I finally convinced him to let me try after promising I would stop if it hurt. Well, of course he didn't even feel it because it was so very loose that all I had to was barely pull up and out it came! We had one very excited little boy on our hands! He had to tell all the grandparents and was so glad that he had a birthday party to go to so he could tell all his friends at school, too! The tooth fairy held up her end of the bargain and visited our house last night. Even though some grandparents had suggested she might leave $20 or even a gift certificate for lobster:), she left him $5 and he was thrilled with that since we had told him she usually only left a quarter:).
And mommy handled it all very well. You should have seen me pull that tooth! I didn't even make a face and I only got a few little goosebumps:). I was appropriately excited for him and it was mostly genuine. And if I do say so myself, he is the cutest little snaggletooth I've ever seen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
$20?!? Where was that tooth fairy when I was growing up? I saw the picture with $5 and thought the tooth fairy had moved on up!!
Oh my word! He is SO cute! $20!!! RED LOBSTER!!!! Ha!
Post a Comment