Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cause and Effect

Because the time changed, it is now still daylight when Chloe "should" be going to bed. Because it was daylight on the first night after the time change, Chloe had trouble going to sleep and stayed up until nearly 11:00 (yes, I realize that is way past dark). Because whoever made our school calendar obviously didn't think about the effect of the time change, we had to start back to school from spring break the next day. Because I wanted her to be exhausted and go to sleep that night, I asked the Grandparents to try to keep her awake. Because she was exhausted, she asked to watch cartoons while I made dinner. Because I was distracted making dinner while she watched cartoons, this happened:
between 5 and 6:00 p.m. Because that happened between 5 and 6:00 p.m., we had an extremely grumpy, whiny child on our hands at dinner time. Because I too am exhausted from the time change and my first week back at school (and generally much more lazy when it comes to raising my second child), I did not feel like fighting over dinner. Because I did not feel like fighting over dinner, she ended up with dinner on a towel in front of the TV (as in directly in front, like "bad for your eyes" in front).
Because she was eating dinner in front of the TV, she felt like she needed popcorn. And I believe I've already covered why I didn't fight it, right?
Because I didn't fight it, Chloe ended up with the dinner of champions: tuna noodle casserole, corn, green beans, cooked carrots, grapes, milk... and popcorn!
Yum! Yum! And by the way, because Chloe crashed from 5 to 6:00 pm she did not feel the need to go to sleep until around 10:00 that night. And chances are, if she doesn't go to bed until around 10:00......

No comments: