Friday, March 16, 2012

Take a Hike!

 We visited Moppy and Poppy in South Carolina and went on our first family hike. We were hiking in Transylvania County, NC, so we kept on the lookout for vampires and werewolves. Luckily we didn't see any. Evan was disappointed that we did not find Big Foot on the trail either, despite the many calls he and his daddy made to try to lure him out. What we did find was lots of fresh air, exercise, and family fun!
 Chloe carried the map for us and made sure we stayed on the right trail.


 I have to say, these "little" hills on the trail looked much larger when actually climbing them.
 Triple Falls








 High Falls
 What's wrong with this picture? Does he not see the sign?






What I did not take a picture of (probably because I was too tired myself) was Matthew having to carry Chloe the last 1/2 mile or so of the hike while she sacked out on his shoulder. When we had finished I felt like maybe we had found a new family hobby, Matthew felt like Chloe was going to have to get a little stronger before we hiked again:).

1 comment:

Dad said...

Shorter hikes is the thing. There are some great ones in the Smokies, I hear.