Evan has been diligently working on learning how to ride his bike without training wheels. When I say diligently, I mean he has tried for about 10 minutes per day for the last month or so. About 10 minutes is as long as Matthew can handle running along, holding onto Evan and keeping him from falling and about 10 minutes is as long as Evan's nerves can handle as he grips the handle bars so tightly his knuckles turn white and his hands become covered in sweat. But, he has shown determination, asking to practice each day and each day he has gotten better... Until finally... he's on his own! He can now make it up and down the driveway by himself!
They did try to go down our street, which has a slight downward hill and Evan kind of freaked out. Matthew told him to stop pedaling and he said, "I CAN'T! The bike has control of me! It's like a ghost bike!"


No comments:
Post a Comment