This morning when we were all snuggling in the bed after the kids woke up, Matthew started wrestling around with the kids. He would pull Chloe's pajama bottoms down and she would get so mad! She'd look at me with the biggest look at surprise and say "Oh NOOOO! Daddy pull pants off!" I'd pull them back up and she'd look at Evan and say "Big hug, Bubba!". He'd give her a hug and she'd say, "I feel better mama".
When Matthew would wrestle with Evan, Chloe would give him a hug and say, "I make Bubba feel better mama".
They are so cute together. Chloe often says, "Love you, Bubba", just spontaneously now and gives him hugs. She will say, "I miss Bubba!" when we get there to pick him up on the days he has been to school. And if he gets upset about something, she will comfort him.
Evan is sweet with her as well. He will tone down his fighting so he can "fight" with her. He will "read" her stories... he loves the fact that she has no idea if he is telling the story right or not. He plays dolls with her and will cook in her kitchen with her. And he is always telling her she is "cute" and "pretty". He reminds me often that they have a class at his school for babies Chloe's age. He said he thought she would have fun playing with all of the other babies and he would take care of her and make sure she was alright. He also told me the other day that he wishes I would pick Chloe up first and then pick him up because everyone else always has their babies there and he wants all his friends to see his baby sister.
I love their relationship. It is so precious to me. They rarely have any arguments or fights (which I know will still probably change). They really seem to love each other so much. I hope it always stays that way.
One funny thing, Evan asked this morning why she always calls him "brother" (what she is saying when she says bubba) instead of "Evan". I said well, when she was a baby I guess we would call you that to her and that is just what she started saying. Matthew asked him if he would rather her call him "Evan" and he said yes.
So, I looked at Chloe and said, "Can you say, Evan? Bubba's name is "Evan". And she looked at Evan and said, "Hi, "Vava". And then went right back to calling him Bubba.
Evan said, "I think she needs a little more lessons on saying "Evan".
I'm afraid Evan may forever be "Bubba" to Chloe.
No comments:
Post a Comment