Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Evan and Zach: Friends Since Birth

Evan and Zach: May 24, 2005 (or maybe the 25th, I lost track of time. It was a rough delivery).
(I would never post this picture if this were not a private blog. It had been a REALLY long night. And a very rough delivery. And I had preeclampsia so I was retaining ALOT of fluid. Yes, I really didn't even feel well enough to shower or change out of my hospital gown. It was rough. If it tells you anything, Leigh had had a c-section and walked to my room to see me, but I couldn't get out of the chair (or off my doughnut pillow).)

Anyhow.

Evan and Zach were born side by side in the hospital. Leigh and I were both teaching at the same school at the time. We had both been out on bedrest. I was sent to the hospital to be induced on a Monday afternoon. As the nurse was hooking up my pitocin I saw Leigh's mom in the hallway. Turns out she'd been there since that morning. The nurse said we could race. I was sure she would win, but I was wrong (unfortunately for her). Both Evan and Zach took their own sweet time, but Evan beat Zach by an hour or two and several pounds. So, you see Evan and Zach have been friends since birth.

Evan and Zach: May 23, 2011

They celebrated their birthdays together with their class on the last day of school. Zach and Evan (and Leigh and I) will always be special friends. It was fun to tell their class the story of how they were born side by side.



Happy Birthday, special boys!

No comments: