Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Grade Here We Come!















You've Got a Friend in Me

Well, it's official. Evan is a first grader. That is so hard to believe! I am not nearly as sad as I thought I would be to see him graduate kindergarten. He has had the most wonderful year I could ever ask for. He has absolutely loved school. His teacher has truly been a blessing and his class was just the sweetest class ever. We've been amazed by all he has learned. I didn't cry at graduation. It was truly a happy time. (I did cry right before graduation when I discovered the scrapbook full of pictures, artwork, poems, etc that his teacher had made for him in his backpack, however.) I am both excited and nervous for what next year will hold. I know he will continue to learn and grow, but it is hard to imagine a better year than what we've had.

Evan's class sang "You've Got a Friend in Me" and Evan and Carson stood side by side with their arms around each other. I couldn't get many pictures and I'm afraid my video has a big guy's head in it (the paparazzi parents were CRAZY!), but it was adorable. I am so grateful Evan has had such a wonderful year and made such great friends. I wish he could keep his entire class together, but I know he can't. It will be sad to say goodbye to some friends, but fun to make new ones as well.

Evan has been moping around for days about the end of kindergarten. He does not want school to be over. (I wonder how many years that will last.) He wants to stay in Ms. Fedor's class and see his friends everyday. We will have to have some playdates or Evan will go into deep depression, ha!

Congratulations, Evan! I am so proud of you!! 

No comments: