Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Back to School
Matthew headed back to school this week (actually Thursday of last week) and since he has inservice and time to work in his room before the students come we decided we would take a field trip to visit daddy's school today and to show Chloe off to all of our co-workers (this is the school I work at as well). Ok, so motherhood is not always roses and butterflies. Chloe was an angel, but Evan... oh my! First of all, Daddy has a new fish tank in his classroom, but he has no fish right now. Evan could not accept this. He wanted desperately to feed the fish that weren't there. He wanted to catch them with the net. And when we finally convinced him that those activities could not be done without actual fish.. he wanted to go to the "fish store" and buy them RIGHT NOW! He went to see the snakes in Mrs. G's room, but she dared to not have lizards for him to see. Back to whining about the fish that do not exist. Another teacher dared to have a present for Baby Chloe, but not for Evan! So, we finally decided to leave and go to get some lunch. Evan does not want to go to a restaurant, he wants to go HOME! But, this is mommy's only chance for a lunch out, sweetie. Sweetie doesn't care so much about mommy's day out. Finally I agreed we would go home. But then he doesn't want to leave. He wants to wait in the car for his surprise that Daddy is getting him (that Daddy doesn't know about) and when asked repeatedly what surprise he is waiting for his response is: "I DON'T WANT TO TELL!". Ok, so we leave and head home with a very disappointed Mommy and about 5 miles from the school, what do I hear from the back seat? "Mommy, can I have something to eat? I'm starving. I can't wait until I get home. I'm so "hungy"! Deep breath, count to 10. Naptime anyone? Whoever said the two's were terrible obviously never raised a three year old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment