Friday, August 8, 2008

My Hero!

So, this morning as I was sitting at the kitchen counter I see a bug crawl across the counter. Eww gross! We have been overrun with various bugs that I have never seen before this summer. Anyway, although I don't love bugs I usually prefer to leave them alone and let them go their own way as opposed to killing them because it grosses me out. Well, this one started toward me, so as any self-respecting lady would do I grabbed the remote control and tried to smash it. It immediately started moving at warp speed toward me. Here is the scene that followed.

Me: Small scream, frantically hitting the counter with the remote control.
Evan: (Comes running from the family room) "What's going on in here?"
Me: "There's a bug!"
Evan: "Is it a "cary" (scary) bug?"
Me: "Yes" (I've now injured it to where it is no longer running, but still moving)
Evan: (runs out to his playroom, returns with his toy steering wheel which has a large flat base on it and promptly drops it on the offender and grinds it into the counter a little for good measure. He then picks it up and checks out the damage.) "There you go! NOW it is dead." (and calmly leaves the room).

What would Chloe and I do without our strong man here with us?

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Glad Evan was there to protect you!