Monday, December 21, 2009

First Family Christmas

This year Matthew's family came to our house for Christmas, so it was our first family Christmas here at our house. We had it all planned out and had ordered a turkey dinner with all the trimmings and I was going to do minimal cooking. Not that I don't like to cook, but I have never fixed a turkey and it was the day after we got out of school and I felt like I didn't have time to get it all done and clean and everything. But, then, Grammy and Grumpy got a foot of snow and so we didn't think they were going to be able to come. So, we canceled the food, since it was somewhat expensive. And then, they decided they would be able to make it. So, I had no choice. I had to cook. I didn't attempt turkey :), but we got a spiral ham and I fixed macaroni and cheese, green beans, sweet potato casserole, creamed corn, and rolls. It turned out pretty well! And it was actually surprisingly easy and nonstressful. It was very helpful that Chloe napped for nearly 4 hours that day:). It was a really great time and I hope it is the start of a wonderful tradition.





























Merry Christmas from the family!

No comments: