Oh, Children's Benedryl, wherefore hath thy been all my motherhood?
Thank you for providing relief and much needed rest for my little sick Chloe-bug.
I so appreciate the peaceful, snot-free sleep that you induce.
I fully credit you with the giggle and laugh I heard when she woke this morning.
And I am on my knees with gratitude for the entire hours of uniterrupted sleep I got last night.
You are a God-send.
Chloe slept from 6:00 p.m. to 11:30 last night without a peep. She woke crying at 11:30, so I gave her another dose and she slept until 2:30 a.m. When she woke crying at 2:30, I gave her a second dose of Motrin and rocked her for a few minutes and she slept peacefully until 6:30. Although this is still not "sleeping through the night", it is such a vast improvement over the last few weeks that I am positively giddy with restfulness!
Thank you, Children's Benedryl!
Oh, and I apologize for not trusting your safety for the first 3-4 hours she slept and obsessively checking on her to make sure she was still breathing, since I had "drugged" her. I just kept thinking of the daycares that were shut down for "drugging" the kids with Benedryl at naptime. I could just see Children's Services knocking on my door any minute. But alas, she always was breathing. In fact, she was better than breathing. She was breathing easily... through her nose. Miracle!
I'll never doubt you again.
No comments:
Post a Comment