Monday, December 21, 2009

Have Yourself a Mer-Wii Little Christmas!

The last present of the night....

After opening a couple of Wii games, I think he has a slight idea what might be in there.
He was so excited when he opened it! At first he started talking a million miles an hour like he always does..."My very own TV game! I've always wanted my very own TV game for as long as I've been born!!!"



And then he kind of became speechless and all he could do was grin from ear to ear...
oh and hug his new Wii.



It was a very Mer-wii Christmas!
He has already been playing and of course his favorite games so far are Star Wars and Batman. They are both age 10 and up and you have to use both the Wii controller and the nunchuk (one in each hand, simultaneously). I thought there was no way he would be able to do it and would get frustrated. For a while, Matthew operated one controller and Evan the other, but now he can do it by himself. Amazing!
Of course the thing that sold me on the Wii and made me agree to it, (I had sworn we would not be a "gaming" family. You know, back before I had kids.... when I knew everything), was that it was an "active" game. And Evan will have nothing to do with the "active"games. He and Matthew sit there for hours playing batman. I think Mom's going to have to put her foot down. Especially, after they came home today and immediately started playing and like 3 hours later Matthew decides to quit and realizes Evan didn't have any dinner! We are definitely going to have to put some limits in place.
Here's "a little song Evan wrote" (as Evan told us the other morning).
You better watch out, you better not cry
You better not pout, I'm telling you why
Batman is coming to town!
He also told us he would like an Indiana Jones game (which he has never seen) and we said, but Indiana Jones is not a superhero. He said, "He's a super Indian, that's good enough." We then had a lesson on archeology. And he now understands Indiana searches for ancient relics and that "bad guys chase him because he dug in the wrong place".
Matthew and I played most of the Wii sport games the other night and it was so much fun! And I'm sore today! I don't think that says much for my level of fitness. I'm hoping that Evan will get into some of the more "active" games as well and not only play the other games (but Matthew has informed me that even those are "good" for him because he has to use both sides of his body to accomplish different tasks at the same time and so it uses both sides of his brain). Hmmm, sounds good, but I'm not really totally convinced. Especially after I saw my baby's blood shot eyes tonight!
Limits, there must be limits.

No comments: