"Happy Momma's Days, Mommas!"- Chloe
Happy Mothers Day to all!
I am so very thankful to be able to celebrate Mothers Day. Being a mother is a celebration every single day. What an amazing miracle it is. It is the most difficult and most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. There are so many things I love about being a mother, but one thing is that I think it is probably the closest I will ever come to understanding how much God really loves me and how my choices and actions affect Him, but will never ever separate me from His love.
I am also so thankful for my own mother and the example she has always set for me. I remember when I was preteen/teenager complaining about doing chores around the house. She said it was so I would know how to take care of my own house someday. I informed her that "now I had learned and so I "knew". I didn't think I needed to keep practicing!" But, seriously she taught me a lot more than how to take care of a house, budget, cook, and take care of children. She showed me, through her example, how to sacrifice for your family and how to love without smothering and support without rescuing. She made me a confident and successful woman and mother. I am so lucky!
I am also thankful for the other "mothers" I have in my life. My step-mother who has always loved and supported me like I was her own. And my mother-in-law who raised my wonderful husband and who is so loving and supportive of our family.
And of course, I am so grateful for my Grandmother and her constant example of love. I miss her so much today.
I am so very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment