Monday, May 3, 2010

Sibling Revelry

Saturday morning, Matthew had to go hand out football equipment so it was just me and the kids. We had a great time! We ate Froot Loops and drank milk in bed and watched cartoons. As we were laying there, Chloe faked an injury and then did a little fake cry so I would kiss her hand. Not to be outdone, Evan did the same. Chloe immediately started saying, "No, bubba! My wahhh! My wahhh!". This went back and forth for some time. It was hilarious that she was insisting that the right to cry was hers alone.

Later, Evan got down in the floor and was coloring big Star Wars coloring sheets while laying on his tummy. Chloe was on the bed coloring in her coloring book. Somehow Evan got his foot wedged under the dresser and began yelling for help. I carefully freed his foot and gave him some love. Chloe couldn't stand that. She got off the bed and got her hand "stuck" under the bed and began yelling for help. It went back and forth and back and forth, one kid "stuck" under some piece of furniture after another and yelling for mommy to help and then give loving. I loved it, but when I finally grew tired of it I figured out how to get a break. When Evan would get stuck, I'd send Chloe in to help him. When Chloe was stuck, I'd send Evan into help her. They had a great time, "saving" each other and giving each other tons of hugs and kisses afterward.

Later I turned on some music (Evan's idea) and we all danced and played musical instruments. The kids played together nearly all day long. I love to see them actually being able to play together and watch their relationship develop. They do great together. Occassionally they have squabbles, but they are usually short lived. They cannot stand to see each other upset or hurt (unless of course they did it). I have seen Evan almost start crying because Chloe skinned her knee and when I had to send Evan to his room for growling loudly in her face on Saturday and making her cry. She immediately said, "What happened? Why is Bubba sad?" I told her he was in trouble for being ugly to her and she said, "Come on, Mommy. Let's go get Bubba. I make him feel better." This resulted in them both piling up in his bed together and watching T.V. (for about 5 minutes). I pray that they will continue to grow closer and will be lifelong friends.

No comments: