Well, I didn't want to disapoint those of you anxiously waiting for an update. And what an update it is!
So, when I picked him up from school today he was in a great mood. He hugged me and told me he was really sorry about this morning. I was a big softie and didn't tell him he lost his game. Big mistake. I knew it was a mistake. I knew I should follow through and teach the lesson. I knew it, I knew it. He was doing fine for a while tonight. We had dinner at my mom's and then it all started going downhill very fast.
He was playing his DS (I knew I should have taken that thing away) and Chloe wanted to play with him. She was trying to "give" him a pillow, but she was interrupting his game by putting it right in his face. And he hit her!
I couldn't believe it because he just does not do that. I immediately went over and held my hand out for the game and that is when it began to get ugly. He again let me know that he didn't love me anymore and he was not my son anymore. I pretty much ignored those comments. But then he threw a pillow across the room and hit his Grandmother's sliding glass door with his hand. So, he was taken into the playroom and given a spanking. Again, he assured me that now he really didn't love me and was definitely not my son anymore, but I just kept putting his shoes on. He then waved his fist in the air and yelled "I am so mad at you!". I told him that I understood. He then slapped me! Another spanking. This time I left him in the playroom until I got our things ready to go and then I told him to come on. Well, he went stomping outside in front of me.
I got to the car just in time to see him come out of the passenger side and slam the door. When I got to my side of the car, I saw that it was locked. And my keys were inside. He had pulled them out of the ignition and hidden them (out of pure meaness), but then he had unknowingly hit the lock button as he crawled out of the car. And so now my keys were locked inside. And Matthew is in Chicago. And the extra set is at our house. The house I have no way to get into because Lynn is in Clark Range bushhogging fields with our house key. And even if I had a way to get into the house where the extra set of keys are, I have no way to get to it because my van is parked right behind my mom's car which is in the garage.
Yeah, fun times. Evan realized the magnitude of his error and quickly began saying that he didn't know he had locked the car. I explained to him that yes, I knew he didn't mean to lock the car but had he not been trying to hide my keys and be mean this would have never happened. And then I sent him inside and he stormed off.
I looked down at Chloe who had been running all through the house during the two spankings and other episodes, saying "What's wrong with Bubba? Why is Bubba sad?". She was standing there with her paci in her mouth and holding her little pink blanket. "What's wrong?", she asked. I explained that we couldn't get in the car to go home and she just sighed. Bless her heart.
So, back in the house we go. But, when we get to the house I realize that he has tried to lock the garage door behind him. The door wasn't closed all the way, but the little turkey had tried to lock us out of the house after all of this. I admit I was pretty angry then! I called him back outside and asked him why he had locked the door and he said, "so you couldn't get in."
I then came the closest to yelling all night long and told him in no uncertain terms that he was NEVER to lock doors. ANY doors. He had right to lock doors because there were no doors that belonged to him and he had better not EVER lock another door again. I then told him to go into the house, go into the playroom and do NOT lock that door and sit on the couch until I came to get him.
And then because I had absolutely no other idea what to do, I called Matthew. When he answered, I said, "What are you doing?"
"Eating pizza."
"Would you like to talk to your son while you eat pizza?" And then I told him what had happened. I put Evan on the phone and I hear him say,
"Well, I didn't entirely know that the van door would lock."
And then I had to leave the room because I thought cracking up would defeat the purpose.
Anyway, it all worked out. We found a housekey, managed to get me to our house and into the house and get the extra key and we made it home.
There was alot of cryng at bedtime. He is sorry. I don't expect him to lock the keys in the car again anytime soon, but I'm sure it's not the last time I'll hear the "ugly" words. And the DS is neatly stored on the top of the refrigerator where it will stay at least until Friday. We will see how he acts tomorrow.
I predicted a new milestone... and unfortunately I was right.
For the record, Matthew left yesterday morning and last night Evan was hit in the face with a wooden swing (and Saddie) sustaining a huge pump knot on his head and bruised and swollen bridge of his nose. And then this episode tonight. Is there anyway I can manage to just stay in bed until he returns home? I'm afraid to see what tomorrow will bring!
Oh and also, I can see this all having one of two effects on Chloe:
1. (and unfortunately probably the most likely) she will adopt these behaviors even earlier than Evan after watching and learning from him, noting his mistakes, and perfecting the ability to drive her parents totally insane.
or 2. She will learn that acting like this gets bad results from us and will be a perfect little angel. I'm basing this on her reactions tonight:
"Why is Bubba sad?" Because he is in trouble and acting ugly. "Uh-oh."
"What's wrong with Bubba?" He got a spanking for acting ugly. "Oh my"
Yes, please Chloe, take note of what not to do. Please.
No comments:
Post a Comment