More funny things that Evan says... I could write a post like this every day!
I am trying to teach Evan about praying, more than just reciting "Now I lay me down to sleep.." especially since he still argues with me that it says "Tay- men" at the end instead of Amen. So, I've been trying to explain to him that one part of praying is to say thank you for all of the things you are grateful for and another part is to remember those you love and care about and ask God's blessings on them. So, after explaining to Evan that we want God to watch over, protect, and make the people we love happy and we can ask him to do that by saying "God bless ________". I modeled by saying, "God bless Evan, God bless Chloe, etc." I said who would you like to ask God to bless? His reply:
"God bless Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Frank!"
So, then I explained that God provides all the things we need to keep us safe, healthy and happy and we need to say thank you to Him for those things. I told him we can say thank you for things or for people in our lives that make us happy. I modeled, "Thank you God for providing us with a nice house to live in and food to eat. And thank you for Chloe, Evan, and Daddy because they make me so happy." And then I asked, Evan what would you like to thank God for?
"Thank you God for my blue blankie and my jacks because they make me SOOO happy!"
Evan has been dreaming quite a bit lately, too. I'm sure he has been dreaming for a long time, but now he can remember them, tell us about them, and describe them. Here are some of his dreams (or nightmares) that he has told us about recently:
Batman and Spiderman
Evan has a great memory. Last Halloween he was frightened on the Trick or Treat trail by some kids dressed as Batman (who he referred to as "black man" until recently) and Spiderman. He has been talking for a while about how this year he will be dressed as a TMNT and will fight them. So apparently he dreamed: I was out trick or treating and Batman and Spiderman tried to capture me. So I ran home and tried to open the door three times, but I couldn't open it. Batman picked me up and captured me. Then, mommy opened the door, and said, "Put my punkin' pie down right now!" and Batman said, "Woopsy, I forgot!"
Noo! Mommy!
Matthew (who is in charge of Evan at night while I tend to Chloe) heard Evan crying in the middle of the night. He kept saying, "Nooo, mommy!". When Matthew woke him up and asked him what was wrong he said, "My mommy wouldn't stop eating my cookies with sprinkles!" I think that is a bad, bad sign for mommy's eating habits.
Attack of the Dirty Dog
Evan's description: I was riding my tractor in the backyard and left the gate open and Tanga (our 14 year old German Shepard) got out and got in the garden. She got mud all over her nose and then she chased me all over the backyard, everywhere. She caught me and knocked me right over and got mud all over my face. She was just licking me everywhere. And mommy came out and said, "Why are you so dirty?" And I had to go inside.
And just for fun... some more Evan-isms
His new shoes are called his "going places shoes" and his old shoes are his "just for playing shoes"
When he is told "No" to something you can be sure it will be followed by the question, "How come not?"
Be careful not to ask Evan "How about we (fill in the blank here)?" because if you do, you will likely get this answer: "How about not."
"That will take FOREVER." this is what is said about anything that must be completed before he gets to do something he wants to do.
"I sure hope it shows up" said sadly, in response to lost items, usually following an even sadder "I guess it is gone forever."
"I'm fine, just a little trip" when he trips over his own two feet, and the resulting injury: "Just a little bump"
"Woopsy Daisy!" said about almost anything from accidents to forgetting things, etc.
"Stop it right there, Punk!" said as he bursts through a door shooting his new toy gun (Thank you, Granddaddy) at poor, innocent mommy and Chloe.
"I look like a towel-head" Yes, I was shocked, too, until I looked over and saw him with a washcloth on top of his head :-).
The Baby Store- We were going to Babies R Us and I told Evan I would get him a new sippy cup at the "Baby Store". I saw his mind turning, but wasn't sure what he was thinking. He said cautiously, "Are we going to the baby store today?" I answered, yes. He said, "But do they have BABIES there?" No, no, just baby things. Relief washes over his face and he grins and laughs, "oh, just baby things, silly me". I guess he wasn't ready to come home with another new baby.
Mission Control: Today Evan was in his playroom with a toy walkie talkie yelling: "Mission Control, are you there? Are you there, Mission Control? This is Evan. Are you there Mission Control. I have an 'mergency. I can't find my teenage untant injun turtle ANYWHERE!"
God bless Evan and thank you God for his comic relief.
And the sweetest thing he said today.... Chloe is crying on the way home in the car and Evan says, "It's ok, baby Ch-oey, I'm here. Shhh, I'm here."
Thank you God, for his sweet and loving heart.
1 comment:
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS KEEP IT COMING
I LOVE THE WONDERFUL STORIES AND THE LAUGH I GET!
THANK YOU AMANDA! FOR SHARING!
I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment