Is there anything you'd like to tell God thank you for tonight? "Thank you, God for creating the beautiful world." And is there anything you'd like to ask God to help you with? "Well, he could help me find my little turtle ninja, Mikey, that I play in the bathtub with." Amen.
"Mommy, how does God help us?" Well, he watches over us from Heaven and protects us and provides the things we need to be happy. "But, how does he protect us? Does he fight bad guys?" Well, not exactly.... "But does he live on a cloud?" Well, kind of, I guess..."Does he live in a castle?" I'm not sure..."Is God a giant?" Well, he's bigger than we are..."I believe God is a giant who lives in a castle on a cloud and fights bad guys." Ok, I believe you are right. I don't guess I ever really realized exactly how hard it is to explain God to someone with no background knowledge. Any Sunday School teachers out there? HELP! LOL.
2 comments:
Children are so curious about God, but their "childlike faith" is so encouraging. Alysse asked one time why her Papaw (who had died) couldn't have a cell phone is heaven. She said "Everyone ought to be able to call somebody, if they need to!" I love seeing how Evan and Chloe are growing. We miss you guys.
I am having to answer very similar questions and I am answering the very same way you are. I am worried about when the questions get even deeper than they are now. Wow! What are we gonna do? LOL!! I think you are doing a great job Amanda! You are a wonderful mother. I just say keep doing what you are doing and pray that God would give you the words to say. That's what I do. Take care! Love your blog posts! I read them everyday!
Post a Comment