Monday, October 13, 2008

The Kerbela Shrine Circus


We went to see the Kerbela Shrine Circus on Saturday. My granddaddy is a Shriner and he always gets us tickets. I've been going since I was a little girl. It's a good show, but what I really love is the parade at the beginning of the circus. I love to see all the Shriners in their hats, little cars, dressed as hillbillies, etc. because it always reminds me of my grandparents. I have heard stories and seen pictures of different Shriner events throughout the years: my grandparents dressed as hillbillies, the Oriental Band, my Granddaddy dressed as a Shriner clown. But the most important thing is to hear about all of the good that the organization does for children. My grandparents have always been so proud of the help that they provide to crippled and burned children. We had a great time, Uncle Brian and Aunt Beth went with us. Evan's favorite parts were his light sword and his cotton candy! We liked the elephant.


No comments: