Sunday, October 12, 2008

Family Matters

The kids and I went to the Scandlyn Family Reunion today. This reunion is held every October for my Granddaddy's family. We had lots of good food and got to see many relatives that we don't see on a regular basis. It was a little bittersweet this year though because several people were missing, either unable to attend or gone on to Heaven. Someone especially important to our family was missing today, my Grandmother. Her beautiful smile, conversation, and macaroni and cheese were all painfully absent from today's event. After we got home, I put on a "kettle of beans" for dinner and the smell of them cooking reminds me of her. She frequently made a "big kettle of beans" and cornbread in her iron skillet. She would often bring us some for dinner when my parents were working. I miss her very much.

No comments: